Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday Musical Reflection

So I'm stuck at work today, which really stinks. I mean its Good Friday and the day when Passover starts so...I'm not going to get calls from Christians and the Jews are beginning their holy day as well so who really needs me here today? But I digress, I have to be here because someone from our department needs to represent and its just a small cross that I must carry. This small cross is preventing me from venerating the cross, His cross, and while I want with all my being to go and worship today with my parish I know the Lord sees my sacrifice and appreciates it.  (After all, since work is slow he has allowed me to publish this post) He also allows me to listen to music and while I haven't been listening to music this week in preparation for the Triduum I did allow myself a few songs which help me to meditate on Christ's suffer and death, and ultimately the joy of his resurrection. Here are my favorites for Good Friday. I especially like the one for the crucifixion. Again, both of these songs are by Danielle Rose.
Enjoy!

Crowning with Thorns


Crucifixion

I hope you have a most solemn Good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment