Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Long Awaited Gift

There are some things in life that God gives us and blesses us right when we ask. There are other things that we want but are never given. And still other gifts which are asked for, and asked for, and asked for and finally God gives! This is the latter.

On October 7, 2013 at 1:56 a.m. Mary Claire Kramer, 9lbs4oz, was given to us. The long awaited gift that Megan and I asked for since our marriage four years ago. The gender was a surprise to us and I cannot tell you the joy that filled my heart when, after 24 hours of labor, the doctor said, "It's a girl! You have a daughter!". I have a little princess. Someone to take to the daddy-daughter dance. A girl to vent all boyfriends who think they are hot stuff! Taking her to college her first year and crying all the way home - because she has left us and because we have to pay for her college. A beautiful woman to walk down the aisle. All these thoughts raced through my mind and then I saw her and my heart melted. And now in the first few days of her life I'm just enjoying her sleeping on my chest and whimpering.

So here are a few pictures of her. Now that she is part of our family I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more photos of this cutie. Enjoy my Mary Claire!




No comments:

Post a Comment